As children, we were taught that anything electrical that does not say waterproof or water resistant on it means if it gets flicked with water it is kaput. This is not always the case. Mobile phones is a great example. If you are clumsy enough to drop it in the cup of coffee between your legs while driving, do not let it ruin your day. Take them apart, from the case to the battery. Get two sponges, sandwich the bare device between them with the right side down and put a weight on top. Check the sponges every now and then for moisture, if they feel damp, wring them or get another dry sponge or rug that is as absorbent. Do this for at least twenty four hours before trying to turn it on again to check if it is still working.
If you are traveling, though there are available wall sockets or car lighters for your mobile phone charger, a little battery conservation tip is still helpful. We usually stuff our mobile phones in our pockets which naturally has the temperature of our body. Warm temperatures usually speed up the usage of stored power in batteries. After charging, place your mobile phone in a watertight plastic bag and let it rest in the side storage of the freezer. This will make your battery last longer when you take it out.